Focusing for the New Year - NO RESOLUTIONS! :)



I hate resolutions.  How many of us have tried them and we think, "Ok, for real, this year it's going to work." before?  I know I have.  With a new year, it really is just another day, but I wanted to look at it as a time to reset myself, my stress, and my focus.  I didn't want to set some unrealistic goal, but I did want to find a focus for 2020.
Image result for one word that will change your lifeI was given the book "The Energy Busy"  by Jon Gordon through the school where I teach 4th grade last year.  But through following him on social media, I was introduced to another book of his, "One Word The Will Change Your Life" and LOVE IT! Instead of making lofty goals and having big ideas, thinking about one word to focus one each day to better myself and help better my life.  If I do this, I can better my marriage, my time with my kids, my time with my students, my outlook and attitude overall.  My word for 2020 is PURPOSE.  Knowing my purpose will help me evaluate whether what I am doing is important, should be done, or is not worth my time.

Some of my students' words are:
    Confident
Gratitude
Courage
Happiness
Perseverance

The new year will bring many challenges, but also many wonderful memories.  Our kids are watching how we handle every situation.  That is A LOT of pressure.  The process that this book walks through to help you determine what your word is, or what word may find you, is awesome!  It really is a true process, not some silly book that Jon wrote that by the end you just feel good but there was no meat to.  I am excited to focus on my purpose this year, and on my hard days, and my great days, make sure that I am living with purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment